Procedure: opening of parliament

The parliament of the prince James VI, king of Scots, held and opened at Edinburgh on 8 July in the year of the Lord 1587 by the specially constituted lords commissioners named below, namely George [Keith], earl Marischal, Robert [Keith], commendator of Deer, Alexander [Colville], commendator of Culross, and William Little, provost of Edinburgh, Alexander Hay of Easter Kennet, clerk of the rolls of register and council of our supreme lord the king, together with William Henderson, constable depute, Robert Cathcart, sheriff depute of Edinburgh, and James Scheill, dempster; these were sworn in and admitted, suits were called and the court affirmed.2

  1. NAS, PA2/13, f.78r.
  2. Rest of f.78r blank.